Hormone replacement therapy remains the most effective treatment for the relief of menopausal vasomotor symptoms, psychological symptoms, and genitourinary symptoms. In symptomatic women, HRT results in a considerable improvement in the quality of life.
Improvement in Quality of Life:
- Hormone replacement therapy can also improve sleep, muscle aches, stress, and quality of life in symptomatic women.
Improvement in Mood Changes:
- It has been shown to improve mood and also depressive symptoms.
- It should be considered to alleviate the low mood that arises as a result of menopause. Cognitive-behavioral therapy may be beneficial too.
Reduction in Cardiovascular Disease:
- The relation between HRT and cardiovascular disease is controversial but the timing and duration of HRT, as well as pre-existing cardiovascular disease, are likely to affect outcomes.
- Some people with a hormone imbalance struggle to focus and concentrate, but these issues can be improved by getting the hormones balanced correctly.
Better emotional health:
- It can help reduce irritability, stress, and constant anxiety in people who are suffering from an imbalance.
Better bone health:
- Although it’s invisible, bone mass can decrease when hormones are out of balance. By correcting the issue, the risk of osteoporosis and broken bones can be reduced.