Weight loss management is the process of adopting long-term lifestyle modifications to maintain a healthy body weight on the basis of a person’s age, sex, and height.
Methods of weight management include eating a healthy diet and increasing physical activity levels.
- Americans spend $33 billion each year on weight-loss products.
- 24% of Americans believe that sugar is most likely to cause weight gain. (Statista, 2020).
- 80% of U.S. consumers try to include more fruits and vegetables in their diet. (Statista, 2021).
- In 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, more than 80% of diets are deficient in vegetables, fruits, and dairy.
- By 2027, the worldwide weight management industry will be valued at $423.2 billion. (Strategyr.com, 2022).
Global Need for Weight Loss
- 40% of adults in the U.S. have obesity and another 32% are overweight.
- The cost of obesity is estimated to reach 5%-to-14% of health expenditures from 2020-to 2050.
- 71% of Americans gained weight during the pandemic.
- The worldwide epidemic will cause a 9% drop in the weight reduction market in the United States.
Methods for Weight Loss
- The weight-loss method is exercising (62.9%), eating less food (62.9%), and followed by consuming more fruits, vegetables, and salads (50.4%).
- 37% of U.S. consumers use a step counter app regularly.
- 44% of Americans intended to increase their physical exercise in 2021.
- CBD research shows that it can lower hunger and enhance fat burning in 2022.
- The meagre mention of weight loss and the ketogenic diet is counted amongst the top options!
- This diet was originally formulated at hospitals as a way to treat diseases, but today it has become a valuable tool for losing weight.
- A plant-based diet is a relatively new phenomenon in this world of vegan and vegetarian preferences.
- Plant-based foods provide all the nutrients you need and help you lose weight.
- Diets and products promoting low-fat foods can be beneficial for weight loss, but they should come with a warning!
- Certain vitamins are fat-soluble and hence, intake of dietary fat is crucial for their optimal absorption.
- Investing time, effort, and attention into working out is equally as important as consuming the correct diet.
- Ever since the pandemic outbreak, not only the WFH concept but home workouts have also emerged to be a game-changer for the people.
Tips for Weight Loss Management
Cut back on calories
- One of the simplest ways to lose weight is to consume fewer calories each day. Cut out high-calorie foods and snacks, and replace them with healthier options.
- Exercise is essential for losing weight and keeping it off. Find an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your daily routine.
- It can be difficult to stick to a weight loss plan, but it’s important to stay motivated. Set realistic goals, and reward yourself for reaching them.